Twitlog

    Monday, June 8, 2009

    Vaccinations


    ZzZzZZzz

    i'm so sleepy right now, cant sleep last night cos i dozed off at 7pm - 11pm, woke up and bathed, and stayed wide awake till 6am. had to get up at 10am for an appointment with TMB (Tropical Medical Bureau)..

    so i got my Typhoid + Hep A (Hepatyrix), Diptheria + Tetanus + Polio (Revaxis) jabs today. The doctor was an old lady who made the 50 Euro consultation fees quite worthwhile in my opinion.. i dont know if she was explaining so much to get me to have more jabs or shes just plainly concerned. oh well. benefit of doubt anyway.. i have to go back there again for the Meningitis ACYW, and she recommended the Malaria tablets that I have to take for 10 weeks (!!!!!!!!!!) ZZzzZZ and probably bring some anitibiotics as well since we all know how weak my stomach and lungs are when it comes to infections..

    all for prevention, yes i know, thank you Dr Chan. Hospital-acquired infections, Mosquito-borne infections .. all prevention for the greater good. (wait is there such a word as greater good?? haha) dont trust anything i write, my brain's not working and the vaccinations are working its magic on me.. n according to Dr Lucile just now, i'll get short term memory loss n confusion as one of the side effects. after she injected me on both sides, she kept talking and talking and asking me questions so i would answer her. and she asked me if i know why she asked. coincidentally, she was asking me what time is good for her to ring me up for the Men. jab.. so i answered "because ppl usually dont come back??"

    duh, how would i know.. but she told me, "i asked becos most ppl by now would have fainted already, or would feel like fainting. so i'm getting u to talk more" i was like, whaaa? and no, i did not have any feeling of such, except now maybe.. i wanna sleep!!

    good afternoon (night), people!

    No comments: