Twitlog

    Saturday, May 23, 2009

    At The Beginning

    When I had the vball awards night last week, I went on my first fundraising attempt for the trip to Nepal. Out of the 20 plus people who were there, I managed to ask bout 15 of them, from which i managed to collect a good sum of 90.80 euros. I’d say it was a pretty good start, considering it was only pure donations. Some gave the miserable 2euros while quite a few gave a whole big 10, but regardless of the amount i’m still grateful nonetheless. The thing about me, i just HATE (a huge word i know) asking people for money, and sometimes help. i know its a bad thing (the help part), but i dont know why, i find it really hard to ask a person for money.. i feel as though i’m begging for it which i’m not, i think. i find myself helpless when it comes to such situations and it brings me to being hopeless.. lol. anyway, i could have gotten much more than 90.80 if i asked those others and i know it because they so happen to be those working ones like Megan and Gianma, but oh well, its done. 

    My second big effort will officially begin tomorrow. I owe this huge effort to Grace, YY and Fiona especially cos they have been such a big help! 2 nights ago, I was really feeling down because I got rejected by a zillion supermarkets that I called up to do bag-packing. Apparently they were all booked right to the end of the year! So I was talking to YY, and earlier Grace and I have discussed about some kinda cooking fest to sell to UCD-ians but that was too close to exams. So the idea of selling it to the RCSI-ians came up,  n poof! it was a plan. yay hey! Next day, all 8 of us went galivanting to Belfast and we planned things out from there. 

    So tomorrow, we’re going to town to get groceries n i’m gonna cook char bee hoon and banana fritters. BIG HUGE pressure man. it has to taste nice. at the same time, i havent really been cooking much lately! so yes, big huge pressure there. Gonna call Grams later to get some cooking tips. Boy, I havent spoke to Grams in ages! Feeling so bad about this now, i really miss her.. 

    And then we’re gonna cook on Sunday and deliver them to RCSI on Monday.. so far I have 23 orders. I’ve put a modest target of 40 now, but i really do hope more orders will come pouring in tomorrow or the day after. Fingers crossed. 

    Also, I just got my Meningitis C jab today in the Health Centre for free. The doc was really cool, she wrote down a list of jabs I should take, not that I dont know already from the TMB website, but she kinda emphasised the importance of taking those booster jabs like Revaxis for Polio, Diphteria and Tetanus along with Typhoid and Hep A and also, hold your breath, Meningitis ACYW (lol, those are the OTHER strains lah) ..  Maybe I should steal those jabs from lil baby Katelyn instead of paying them myself.. bah! Got an appointment with TMB anyway in the first week of June. 

    Gonna book my flight tickets next week.. then call up Nepalese embassy in London to make sure they give me that visa when I get to the customs. So everything on this side is pretty much still on hold until I have flow of cash from that 1500 euros I need to raise.. 

    Hmm.. what else? Yeah I guess this is my first entry for the trip! Second entry, I’ll write on my project there and where I’m based. Till then, good night! ;)

    1 comment:

    the.traveller said...

    does anyone know how to make the pictures below smaller?
    ah man, how is this fair? my picture up there is so small n their pictures below are so big..